From 2011: Keynote to Resilience 2011
For a sense of how Alan performs today when he’s giving keynote speeches and weaving in music, you can watch a full keynote here (delivered to the scientific conference “Resilience 2011″). You can’t scroll ahead, you have to watch the whole thing …
… or click here to go to the video page on the AtKisson.com website.
From 2001: The Alan AtKisson Video Short Course on Sustainability
And below are YouTube links to a set of old (but still relevant) videos originally produced by the Queensland, Australia, Environmental Protection Agency. They were recorded during Alan’s Australian book tour in 2001, and produced on a lovely CD-ROM (remember CD-ROMs?) which were distributed around the State of Queensland. All the videos start with a cover of picture of Alan, squinting … which somehow makes him look more Australian. It’s like he was saying, “G’day mate!”
The graphics look simple, the presentation slides are terrible, and the tools that Alan’s firm uses were still in their infancy … but all the basic concepts are still here.
You can watch these videos in sequence, or hop around … There are also three videos of Alan performing a few of his comedy songs, live, to Australian audiences.
5. The Compass of Sustainability – Introduction (when it was quite new!)
6. Explaining the GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
10. The Pyramid of Sustainable Development (Pyramid was brand new at this point, 2001)
13. The System Zoo – Song (Note: this is the most popular video in this collection, 1000′s of hits)
14. The GDP Song (An explanation of the problems with the GDP set to the tune of a Latvian drinking song)